Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Finance & Operations is a hands-on, collaborative manager who leads and develops an internal team to support the following areas: finance and accounting, business planning, human resources, operations, IT, legal, risk management and administration. This position plays a critical role as part of the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as WFSA continues to enhance its quality granting, programming and donor services.
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position with an annual salary of $80,000 with regular opportunities for review and enhancement.
While this position is currently remote, the final candidate’s primary residence must be within the state of Arizona. WFSA engages in thoughtful community partnership, which requires regular travel from all staff across the state. To support our team’s efforts, WFSA covers all travel expenses incurred by staff.
The Women’s Foundation for the State of Arizona (WFSA) is an exceptional place to work, grow, and make a difference. We are a dynamic team of individuals who are dedicated to promoting equity, opportunity, and economic independence for women and girls in Arizona. Our work is deeply meaningful and impactful, and we are committed to creating a more just and equitable society for everyone. We value diversity, inclusion, and collaboration, and we believe that our team members are our greatest asset. When you join our team, you’ll be joining a community of like-minded individuals who are passionate about making a positive change in the world.
We believe that taking care of yourself is crucial for achieving a healthy work/life balance. We encourage our employees to prioritize self-care and offer flexible work arrangements to help them do so. We value the well-being of our team members and recognize that everyone’s needs are different, so we work with everyone to find the right balance that works for them. We believe that happy, healthy employees are key to our success, and we are committed to supporting our team in all aspects of their lives.
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and ample opportunities for professional development and growth. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) both in our work and in our workplace. To achieve this, we provide ongoing DEIA training to all staff members, which helps us stay informed and informed as we use an intersectional approach in our work. Our goal is to be culturally competent, understand the diverse communities we serve, and create a welcoming and inclusive environment for everyone. We recognize that DEIA is a continuous learning process, and we are dedicated to creating opportunities for our staff to learn, grow, and engage in meaningful conversations around these important issues.
If you’re looking for a fulfilling and inspiring career that truly creates change, join the Women’s Foundation for the State of Arizona.
· You bring at least seven (7) years of accounting, finance, or bookkeeping experience, ideally within nonprofit organizations
· You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field, ideally with a CPA or related degree
· You are a seasoned financial leader ready to take on a hands-on and collaborative role
· You are a strategic thinker and leader that contributes to the long-term sustainability of WFSA, fostering growth and impact across the organization
· You possess strategic insight and leadership abilities that contribute to the long-term growth of WFSA, driving impactful change
· Your expertise lies in analyzing financial data and delivering accurate and timely financial reports
· You excel at translating complex financial matters into understandable insights, effectively communicating monthly and yearly performance against targets
· Your innovative thinking extends to analyzing current operational processes, recommending improvements as needed
· You’re dedicated to shaping the organization’s long-term sustainability through strategic thinking and leadership, fostering growth and impact
· You possess the acumen to provide timely and precise analysis of financial conditions and trends, supporting the CEO and Board of Trustees in their roles
· Your proficiency in financial matters enables you to effectively communicate critical issues to the CEO and highlight emerging concerns
· You’re a respectful and ethical representative of WFSA, embodying its values in all interactions.
· You collaborate seamlessly with team members and leadership, leading budgeting and monitoring cash flow to drive transparency and track progress
· Your oversight includes administering and reviewing financial plans and budgets, monitoring progress and adjustments.
· Your keen financial insight allows you to forecast cash inflows and outflows accurately, maintaining essential liquidity for operational and grantmaking needs.
· You’re an advocate for updating and implementing business policies and accounting practices, ensuring compliance and best practices.
· You excel at supervising and motivating remote workers, fostering a sense of unity and purpose.
· Your genuine passion for women’s issues shines brightly, aligned with your unwavering dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
· You are proficient in standard office equipment including computers, Microsoft Office, and video conferencing applications with remote work experience
We invite qualified candidates to apply as soon as possible and will continue considering candidates until we fill the position. To apply, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a complete application package. The application package should include:
1. A letter expressing your interest in the job
2. Your resume
3. List of three references.
Please make sure your application is complete, as we will not consider incomplete applications. However, we welcome alternative formats for the application if that helps you to showcase your skills and abilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the application or interview process, please contact us at: email@example.com.
At WFSA, we have a bold ambition: Live & breathe the equity work that makes WFSA the place everyone wants to be. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements listed above, please still apply for the job. We know that marginalized communities like women, LGBTQ+ individuals, and people of color might feel unsure about applying for a job if they don’t meet every requirement. But at the Women’s Foundation for the State of Arizona, we’re committed to making our workplace inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible for everyone. If you’re excited about the job, even if you don’t have all the experience we’re looking for, we want you to apply!
We value employee choice and privacy at WFSA. To ensure everyone’s safety during in-person meetings and events, employees must be fully vaccinated or comply with a venue’s COVID-19 protocols, which may include a negative test one day before an event.